The Golden Opportunities Scholarship and Competitive Programs Application System (GO System) is the hub for all scholarships at The University of Southern Mississippi. It houses a variety of scholarship opportunities for incoming and continuing students (both undergraduate and graduate). Over 900 scholarships including opportunities for USM Foundation Scholarships, Freshman and Transfer Academic and Designation-Based scholarships, the Luckyday Scholars Program, Honors College Incoming Freshman Admission and Scholarships and academic/interest awards. Note that students must be admitted to the university in order to access the scholarship portal.
Step 1: To begin the GO application process, students must sign in with their Campus ID (Wxxxxxx) and SOAR password.
Step 2: Complete and submit the general application. A green check mark means you have successfully submitted the application.
Step 3: Search “Opportunities” and apply for additional scholarships that may apply to you. There may be additional application materials required.
Step 4: Check your USM email address for University scholarship offers and instructions on how to accept.
Step 5: If offered a scholarship, accept the scholarship in GO and complete additional post-acceptance steps (if applicable).
Major University deadlines for the 2023-24 academic year are as follows:
December 1 | Admissions deadline for incoming fall freshman academic, designation-based and competitive scholarships.
December 15 | FAFSA (Financial Aid Application) priority date for scholarship consideration
January 15 | Freshman Competitive Programs Applications deadline
February 15 | Priority date for the GO System General Application
July 1 | Majority of scholarships offered to students in GO and ready for students to accept and complete post-acceptance.
- Click here for additional eligibility requirements and deadlines for incoming freshman and transfer scholarship opportunities.
- Click here for external scholarship opportunities and additional financial resources.
- Click here for the Financial Calendar to see all financial deadlines for scholarships, financial aid and payments.
- Click here for the Funding Guide to explore all avenues when paying for college.
- Click here for Federal and MS State Aid information.
|No opportunities matched your search.|