Oseola McCarty Scholarship Program
The purpose of this fund is to award a scholarship to a student with financial need who represents an underserved population and who graduated from a public school in the Hattiesburg and/or south Mississippi area.
- Supplemental Questions
- The Oseola McCarty Scholarship is for a student who graduated from a public school in Hattiesburg or the south Mississippi area.
- Did you graduate from a public high school?
- List the name of your high school.
- Looking at Ms. Oseola McCarty's life and accomplishments, discuss her servant attitude and ways you have emulated her spirit through community service and involvement.
- Discuss how you plan to use your spirit for community service and involvement to make USM better through this program and/or what you hope to gain from this program.
- Please provide contact information for a school counselor or teacher who will provide a letter of recommendation. After you submit your application, the system will generate an email to the counselor or teacher to request a letter of recommendation for you. You will want to independently follow up with the reference provider to make sure he/she has received the email from the GO System.