Mississippi Association of Supervisors
The Mississippi Association of Supervisors County Employee Scholarship Program will award $500 scholarships to qualifying students in each of Mississippi’s 82 counties meeting the eligibility requirements below. Counties will receive up to two $500 scholarships: one scholarship for participation in each of the MAS Insurance Trust (property and casualty insurance) and the MPE Workers Compensation Trust. Scholarships will be awarded based on applicant’s county of permanent residence.
Applicant must meet all criteria listed below:
- Applicant must identify an eligible Sponsor. “Sponsor” may be the Applicant or Applicant’s immediate family member (parent, stepparent, grandparent, step-grandparent, legal guardian or spouse) who is currently employed by or retired from Mississippi county government.
- Dependents of elected county officials are not eligible for this Scholarship Program.
- Be a legal resident of the State of Mississippi.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) and demonstrate community/civic involvement.
- Applicant must be enrolled (or plan to enroll) in an accredited public Mississippi college, junior or community college, or university for the Fall semester.