Academic Common Market (Out of State Students)
The Academic Common Market is a tuition-savings program for college students in 15 Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) states, who want to pursue degrees that are not offered by their in-state institutions. Students can enroll in out-of-state institutions that offer their degree program and pay the institution’s in-state tuition rates. More than 1,900 undergraduate and graduate programs are available.
• Go to Academic Common Market website: http://www.sreb.org/acm-faqs
• Click on “How do I apply for the Academic Common Market” (in the middle section)
• Click on State Contacts on the left-hand menu
• Click on “See ACM state contacts” and find your state
• Contact the representative/or click the link provided to your states website
• Each state page is unique, so use the search feature to locate the ACM Application
• Complete application and submit to address listed at the bottom of the form
• If eligible your state will submit that information to the University
Follow up on scholarship or other opportunity offers applied through this site should be directed to the third party source identified on the individual scholarship offer’s page or home site. The office of Undergraduate Scholarships and The University of Southern Mississippi are not responsible for the application process, funds, or monitoring of these third party sites. Please, use your best judgment and best practices listed on our website at www.usm.edu/scholarships to help identify potential fraud offers.